Fall is a lovely season. Cooler temperatures and colorful leaves make it the perfect time to hit the road for a scenic drive. But don’t be fooled by these perfect autumn days. You may not realize it, but fall can be an especially dangerous time for your auto glass. BEAM Auto Glass wants you to watch out for these seven things that can cause wrecks – and auto glass trouble – this season.
- School traffic – School is back in session. Heavy traffic and school buses lead to sudden stops. Add in busy and distracted drivers and your chances for a wreck go up tremendously. Always pay attention when driving near schools and buses.
- Deer traffic – Expect to see a spike in deer sightings this time of year. Fall is mating season and deer are on the move. Pay especially close attention in the mornings and evenings as the sun starts to rise and set.
- Sun – The sun’s angle during the fall creates a blinding glare. Keep a pair of sunglasses in your car and use sun visors as needed.
- Fog – As the weather changes, you can expect more foggy mornings and evenings. Never use your high beams to guide you through fog. Instead, use fog lights or low beams.
- Rain – Fall is often a rainy season. Early fall may bring harder rain to South Carolina thanks to tropical systems and strong thunderstorms. Stay safe by driving carefully and obeying the speed limit.
- Slick spots – Frost and ice can form quickly in shaded areas and on bridges and overpasses. Keep your eyes on the road and drive slowly if you suspect the roads are slick.
- Leaves – While fall is known for changing leaves, they can actually be dangerous. Wet leaves can be as slippery as ice. Use caution to reduce your chances of damaging your car and your auto glass.
When you have auto glass troubles, no matter the time of year, the BEAM Auto Glass team is ready to help. Call today!