Getting a crack in your windshield is frustrating enough, but it can also be frustrating to try and describe that crack to a windshield repair service. An auto glass repair company will usually want to know some details about the crack so they can decide which type of service you need and approximately how long it will take. At BEAM Auto Glass, we want to help educate our customers in the Rock Hill, Fort Mill, Chester, and Lancaster, SC area. Here’s what you need to knowabout windshield damage so we can help determine the right service for you .
- Chip or Ding – A small piece of your windshield has come off. This is caused by a small rock or other object that has struck the glass.
- Crack Chip – This is a crack about the size of a quarter.
- Starburst – Starbursts are circular cracks resembling star shapes.
- Bull’s Eye – Like a chip, but much larger. A bull’s eye crack has a cone in the outer layer of the impacted area. These cracks resemble a target.
- Half Moon – Like a bull’s eye but a partial crack, not a full circle.
- Long Crack – Around six inches long, these cracks are too large for simple repairs. Generally speaking, they require a full windshield replacement.
- Floater Crack – This type of crack forms in the middle of your windshield. They’re often annoying (and potentially unsafe) since they can block your field of vision. Depending on the size of the crack, you might have to replace your entire windshield.
- Edge Crack – As the name suggests, these cracks form at the very edge of your windshield. If they’re big enough, you might have to replace the entire windshield.
Do you need a expert, reliable auto glass repair company to repair or replace your windshield? Call BEAM Auto Glass today for reliable, fast windshield repair service in Rock Hill, Chester, Fort Mill, Lancaster, and surrounding areas of the Carolinas.