Accidents happen, and our car’s windshields are often the victims. There’s nothing more frustrating than when they get damaged. If unforeseen damage happens to your auto glass, you’ll want to get your windshield fixed as quickly as possible for safety’s sake. As with any type of insurance claim, there are a few steps you’ll have to take in order to get it replaced right. An important part of this task is filing a windshield replacement claim. Follow this advice from the experts at BEAM Auto Glass for filing a windshield replacement claim:
- The sooner, the better – Just like with any routine auto insurance claim, you should file as soon as possible.
- File before you fix – Be sure to file your replacement claim before taking your vehicle in for repairs.
- Talk to your agent – Call your auto insurance agent. They’ll review your policy with you, make sure you’re covered for windshield repair, and answer any other questions you may have.
- Now, get it fixed – Once everything has been cleared with your agent, you can take your vehicle to an auto glass repair shop near you.
- Remaining costs – Depending on where you live, you may pay the deductible and your insurance provider will cover any remaining costs of repair. However, residents of Rock Hill, Chester and surrounding areas should know there’s no deductible for windshield replacement claims in South Carolina.
- Replacement or repair – Depending on your insurance and the type of damage, you may just need windshield repair rather than a full replacement. An example would be if you just had a chipped windshield that could be inexpensively repaired.
Don’t stress out when it comes to filing windshield replacement claims. Work with an experienced, reputable auto glass shop like BEAM Auto Glass. We offer all kinds of auto glass services for drivers in York, Chester, and Lancaster counties. Our glass shops near you are ready to help with fast mobile windshield repair and replacement in Rock Hill, Fort Mill, Chester, and surrounding areas of South Carolina.