The holidays mean lots more people are traveling. An increased number of vehicles on the road means the chances are higher that you’ll be involved in an accident or will sustain some sort of damage to your car. Even something relatively minor, such as rocks flying up from the back of another vehicle, can cause you to need windshield repair or windshield replacement. The team at BEAM Auto Glass wants you to stay as safe as possible while you’re driving this season. Here are some helpful tips to keep you and your vehicle safe while you’re on the road.
- Watch the weather: Winter weather can cause chaos on the roads. Check the forecast so you’ll be ready for any icy conditions.
- Be mindful of other motorists: Watch for distracted drivers and be ready to respond quickly. If you’re traveling behind a large truck, be sure to keep a safe distance. This will reduce the thread of damage to your windshield.
- Inspect your headlights: It’s darker for longer in the winter. This means your headlights are even more important. Make sure they’re clean and give you a good view of the road. Inspect your turn signals and other lights as well.
- Get enough rest: Driving while tired can be very dangerous. Take regular breaks and get enough sleep before you head out on your trip.
- Look out for work zones: Check your route on traffic or mapping websites or apps. They’ll alert you to the location of work zones. Also pay close attention to any signage in a work zone. Drive slowly and carefully in these areas.
- Be prepared: Keep a blanket and other emergency supplies in your car. If you’re stranded, you’ll at least be able to stay safe in cold temperatures. Also make sure you have enough gas before you head out to your destination.
We hope all your travels are safe. However, if you do sustain damage to your auto glass, call us at (803) 366-BEAM for fast service. BEAM Auto Glass offers windshield repair services in the Rock Hill, Lancaster, Chester, York, and Fort Mill, SC areas.